Bilingual Programs and Services

 and Services

School Logo

For additional
 information please
Emily Eschenburg, M.Ed 
Coordinator of Bilingual Programs and Services
(979) 885-3515 ext. 6002

Mission: We create engaged students who are bilingual, biliterate and bicultural.

Vision: Students and graduates of Sealy ISD’s Bilingual Program will be bilterate in two languages so that they will be contributing members of our multicultural world.


estudiantes que
son bilingües,
 biletrados y

Visión: Los
 estudiantes y
graduados del
bilingüe de
Sealy ISD sean
biletrado en dos
idiomas para
que sean miembros 
de nuestro
mundo multicultural.

Sealy Independent School District's Bilingual Education Program begins with bilingual classes  PK.  SISD is phasing in one-way and two-way dual language program models. The Dual Language Program Model is currently in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten.  It will be added to first grade in the 2019-2020 school year. The two-way program integrates native English speakers with native Spanish speakers and provides instruction through both languages to both groups of students.

The goals of both program models are to produce learners who are bilingual, with literacy in both languages, and who understand and feel at ease in different cultural settings. It is a partial immersion program for English speakers, as well as a bilingual program for Spanish speakers.

Program Overview:

The two-way dual language program offers native Spanish speaking students and native English speaking students the exciting opportunity to become bilingual in English and in Spanish.

In this program, students will develop oral and cognitive academic language proficiency in English and in Spanish while mastering grade level knowledge in skills in the content areas.

The program is based on a 80/20 model in kindergarten, in which 20% of the instruction is delivered in English and the other 80% is delivered in Spanish.

This program is designed to teach children a second language in a natural way, through content instruction and everyday conversation.



The Two-Way program is located at Sealy Elementary.

Both Selman Elementary and Sealy Elementary offer the One-Way Program.

English speaking students are accepted into the program through an application process which takes place during the spring semester before they enter kindergarten. Spanish speaking students, who qualify for bilingual education, are automatically accepted into the program at any time.

Acceptance letters to the Dual Language Program have been mailed.  We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.